Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Growing" a bit frustrated

I'm not sure if I have unrealistic expectations for my hair or what. I've been moisturizing twice to three times a day since I started this blog almost a month ago. I deep condition or pre-poo every time I wash my hair, which is every 3 days. And some days I just cowash. I'm loving the fact that I don't get dandruff anymore because my hair is always clean, however, I'm still seeing breakage. Whether wet or dry, when I finger my ends, the hair just breaks off. And recently I've been seeing a lot of hair shedding (from the root). That may just be the natural process of hair, however, coupled with the breakage...it's not so comforting.

I'm not exactly sure what is "normal" breakage or if there is a such thing as "no" breakage. What I DO know is that the key to achieving length is stopping breakage of your ends. I will continue my research and hopefully things will look better soon.

1 comment:

  1. Don't fret, we all get frustrated from time to time. Even I get frustrated with my hair. I do knw this:

    First, Hair Breakage will not stop over night...You are just starting a healthy regimen. It may take 2, even 3 months to start seeing major improvements.

    Second, how often are you doing protein treatments? Too much of a good thing can be bad, such that too much protein can cause breakage. Check out the links below for more info:

    http://gaelashair.blogspot.com/2008/10/protein-overload-disaster.html

    http://www.blogher.com/your-hair-suffering-protein-overload

    Lastly, how much new growth do you have? The longer I wait between relaxers, the more my hair snags and breaks off.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete