Monday, November 29, 2010

Winterizing My Regimen




I've been experiencing more breakage than usual so I've realized I'm going to have to treat my hair differently in the Winter to maximize growth, and reduce the breakage! Here's what it's looking like so far:


  1. Continue Hairline Bootcamp to grow out broken edges (See previous blog)
  2. Moisturize hair at least once daily. Moisturize hairline 2x daily
  3. When sealing, use a mixture of Jojoba & Castor Oil. Since Castor Oil is thicker, I find it a bit more protective and effective at sealing in the moisture.
  4. As much as I tend to avoid "Protective Styles", use them 90% of the time to curb unnecessary breakage from friction.
  5. When wearing hats, use scarf or satin bonnet under.
  6. Continue to do weekly light protein, and a hard protein every 4 to 6 weeks
  7. Deep Condition hair weekly w/ my DC + EVCO. Use w/ heat (either steam or traditional heat)
  8. Use my humidifier to keep indoor moisture levels in check
  9. And of course...continue to avoid direct heat (especially in the winter since it dries out my hair so drastically)
This is looking like a solid winter reggie... now time to put it in effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment